RAW (resident artist workshop)
What is RAW?
Over the course of approximately 4-12 weeks, SAFEhouse provides artists with the following:
- 3-6 hours of rehearsal space per week
- Choreography feedback session
- Publicity and technical support
- The opportunity to present for 1-2 nights at our 145 Eddy St venue
In exchange for these services, artists are encouraged to pay a voluntary $25 registration fee AND/OR volunteer at SAFEhouse. The registration fee is not meant to cause any hardship, if you are unable to pay the registration fee, please email email@example.com to make other arrangements. As for volunteering, this is meant to be an opportunity for artists to take ownership of the organization and to learn the production side of a performing arts organization by being responsible for day-to-day operations.
Artists can volunteer for any of the following tasks:
- House managing for a show(s)
- Cleaning the studio before or after their rehearsal time
- Writing the program for a show
- Working on a special project
SAFEhouse became an artist co-op on July 1st, 2021!
The SAFEhouse Artist Cooperative is a group of Bay Area artists that provide a safe place for local artists to make new work that is sustainable and equitable. The co-op believes in equity, diversity and inclusion and supports the voices of Bay Area QT&POC artists. The purpose of the cooperative is to create a sustainable business model that has more diversified leadership.
Information on membership and bylaws coming soon!